• I work with children, adolescents and adults who have ADD/ADHD trauma and/or emotional/social disorders
• Symptoms of ADD/ADHD often present with:
- Intellectual giftedness;
- Emotional diagnose of bi-polar, anxiety, depression and social anxiety;
- Proclivity towards addictions (food; drugs; alcohol; relationships).
• Any one of the above can be the “presenting problem,” and can be very confusing to the patient and others involved in his/her life, when one or more of the above stated diagnoses are also present.
• During assessment, and ongoing therapy, I consider the possibility my client may suffer from other disorders found in this constellation.
• I often refer clients to psychiatrists I know, who diagnose and possibly suggest medications to stabilize clients and make their work with me more effective;
• I also work with trauma and the long- term effects of trauma. I am trained in EMDR trauma therapy and incorporate that treatment in my work.
• I provide educational and family behavioral work as a means for parents and spouses to learn and to respond more effectively to the problems of my client, and how lack of such information can be impeding
• Often, I am working with the entire family system as my client.
• I provide telephone and text support as necessary;
• I offer groups for those with ADD/ADHD;
• I offer groups for parents who are dealing with children and adolescents who have the above disorders.
I offer groups for teens who have social anxiety, depression low self esteem and a lack of useful emotional skills
• I accept most major medical insurance policies. I will work with you to facilitate an acceptable and affordable payment arrangement.
I received my Master’s in Social Work at the University of Michigan School of Social Work in 1977 and the ACSW certification in 1979. I have been in private practice for eight years. I received my Master’s in Social Work at the University of Michigan School of Social Work in 1977 and the ACSW certification in 1979. I am a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker in Washington State (License # LW00008671).